DOADOA is the East African Performing Arts Market that provides a platform for professional networking and joint learning, bringing together various stakeholders and link people, organizations, businesses, knowledge and technology with a view to create demand and develop a market for the performing arts and unlock the potential of the East African creative industry, making it an important factor for economic, social and cultural development throughout the region.
DOADOA has the following objectives
- to cause a gradual growth in the identification and exposure of East African performing arts within and beyond the region as witnessed by increased trade volumes;
- to enable East African creative entrepreneurs and industry professionals to receive exposure, regionally and internationally, and find new markets within the region and beyond by providing platforms to showcase and promote themselves;
- to professionalize creative entrepreneurs and industry professionals to meet new regional and international challenges through seminars, training workshops and skills exchanges;
- to contribute to the development and strengthening of links and networks between creative entrepreneurs and industry professionals within the region as well as beyond;
- to contribute to joint lobby and advocacy activities for recognitions and national and regional support towards the creative industry.
East African Performing Arts Market
Due to COVID-19 we are postponing the 9th edition of DOADOA as the majority of the participating artists and delegates come from the East African region and around the world and they can’t travel. The event was meant to take place in Kampala from 6th – 9th May.