It used to be said that Africa’s share of digital royalties never got to the Artists themselves. It was always said to disappear before it got to the continent.
But nowadays, Artists are subscribers to online digital platforms where they monitor their revenues as they come in per download. In this panel you will meet some of the CEOs of the top online digital distribution platforms as well as publishers.
Venue: Uganda Museum
Space: Main Hall
- Mike Strano – Founding Director PHAT! Music & Entertainment Limited/ONGEA – The Eastern Africa Music Summit (Kenya/Australia)
- Ben Oldfield – THE ORCHARD (France)
- Martin Nielsen – CEO – Mdundo
- Simon Kaheru – Media Analyst / Kampala Arts Trust (UG)
- David Alexander – Managing Director – SHEER Publishing (South Africa)