- How to market dance – what kin of dance is marketable outside the region as well as Africa?
- 6th May
- 11 am
- Uganda Museum
Catherine Nakawesa is an eccentric Ugandan choreographer, dancer & writer. A DanceWEB scholar and alumna of Ecole Des Sables Senegal, Catherine fuses her rich African background and contemporary influences to create dance works with unique personality and energy.
Her international artistic career spans countries including South Africa, Tunisia Belgium, Austria, Israel and South Korea where she has performed, undertaken intensive trainings, collaborated with several artists and taught workshops.
Back at home, she co-founded Beautiful Feet, a project- based collective of Ugandan female dancers and also Clay Dance Company, an organization that mentors young people through dance.
Catherine is passionate about collaborating with artists from diverse backgrounds. In her works, she relentlessly seeks to find new ways to move, to create, to communicate and most of all, to inspire.
- Solo, AfrikUrbanArts Festival, Cote D’Ivoire: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_1NvqINRwg
- Collaboration In Soeul: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgW2VjGFpxw
- Performance in Ouagadougou: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwCVUYP6JMA
- B-Boy/Afro-Contemporary Fusion project: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcPJpogveOQ Solo Project _ Influence : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeFNn7jhi_0
- Email: Kasalinasmith@gmail.com
- Mobile: +256703579787
- Physical Address: Plot 597 Salama Road, Kampala Uganda